Friday, July 23, 2010

China Glaze - Hey Doll

Yeah I know I've been slacking in the post department but this 'real life' business is draining me dry.  I'm up at 11:20pm doing this post (past bedtime) and I'll hook it up for tomorrow morning when all you people are awake.

I present to you.... Hey Doll!
Hey Doll is yet another polish from the Vintage Vixen collection and it really surprised me.
Originally I thought, "oh, this one is nice... kinda girly... pinkish."  And when I was applying it in my computer room/second bedroom it grossed me out.  It looked like I was applying pink bile on my nails and contemplated taking it off and starting over with another colour.  I weighed out the pros and cons and decided it was too much work and that I'd continue with the mani and take it off the next day.  Glad I kept it on.  The minute I stepped out of my poorly lit computer room the colour became beautiful.  This goes to show just how much lighting can effect colours.  So ALWAYS bring paint swatches HOME when you are choosing colours to paint your walls.
ANYWAYS....

Natural Light

Flash

Direct Sun. (click for close-up of the shimmer)

Butt.

As you can see this isn't pink bile.  It's a rose pink with a slight warm brown tone with tiny silver flecks.  In some lights it looks closer to purple and others it radiates with the warm tones of Autumn mixed in there with what I consider an antique pink.  You can see in the photos just how much a simple change of light makes this polish morph into a different colour.  
Random: When I saw the colour in the bottle it reminded me of vintage silk undergarments.  

While I don't see me wearing this much in the summer months, I know I'll be sporting it in the Fall.

*Slides off her computer chair and crawls to bed*

[This polish was sent to me by the PR company for review]
blog comments powered by Disqus